Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Kitchen Sink

You will never hear this again.

Last night, I loved doing the dishes. I have a new kitchen sink, you see. A big, white, double-bowled, enameled cast iron sink. I also have a new faucet with a pull down spray nozzle. Having lost my sink for two days and having put all of my dishes in the shower, doing dishes was a wonderful thing indeed.

I filled one side of the sink with hot soapy water and started in with a new sponge and some good soap. The dishes slid into the water, got wiped, then stacked in the other side of the sink. I sprayed them off and stacked them on the counter, where Ivan picked them up to dry them and put them away. It was the classic domestic scene, complete with a few quick pecks on the cheek for my husband.

I suppose this all goes back to having good tools. They make the most mundane tasks more pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment